Di'Marzio Split P wiring nightmare.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by peekypoo, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know allot of you Gents must know a simple way of installing these.
    Or should I sell these, and get a set of pups, with a hot&ground.
    Thanks in advance ,
    Paul ,
    20210609_153953.jpg 20210609_154003.jpg 20210609_154032.jpg 20210609_092040.jpg 20210609_092008.jpg

2. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    What problem(s) are you having?

Max Bogosity and peekypoo like this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    peekypoo likes this.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

It's a pretty simple circuit, dimarzio schematics have the right colors.
    What makes il difficult to you ?

peekypoo likes this.
  5. I don't know which order the colored wires go?
    Do I splice them together?

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

It's all in the schematics already provided

peekypoo and ctmullins like this.
  7. Having my tech do it.
    Thanks again Gents.

Rabidhamster likes this.
  8. Just for reference, it’s in the diagram that @mmbongo posted. Tie white and black together. Red is hot, green is is ground. The potentiometer connections are in the diagram also.

iiipopes and Slater like this.
  9. David76112

David76112

Feb 19, 2012
    America
    Those are sort of a pill. The wires are hair like and my iron kept burning them, but eventually I did it.

10. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Then the iron is too large/hot or your technique needs work. I've installed or repaired several basses with these and never had a problem.

11. FML!!!!

12. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    Why, didn't you just say you were going to get your tech to do it? What's the problem now?

13. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    I would probably contact DiMarzio before posting on talkbass.

14. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    The wiring diagram isn't hard to find on their website. Plus it's here as well as a written description of what to do.

mcnach and Smooth_bass88 like this.
  15. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Many many years ago, long before the interwebz, I put my hands on a Hi-A Bartolini pickup that came with a preamp and no instruction at all.
    I managed to get the adress for Bartolini from an add in Bass Player Magazine, which back then was only available in France from a few music shops and specialty shops.
    I used to buy the magazine when I had a chance to be near these shops. Anyway.
    I wrote a letter in bad english, included a printed photograph of the stuff in the envelope and off to Sans Luis it went.
    Maybe a month after I received a letter. Inside were a Bartolini sticker, a machine printed letter answer straight from Bill Bartolini and a photocopy of assembled schematics with colored crayons and a legend on top.
    I then managed to do the install with the help of a buddy who was better than I with an iron.
    Things became easier over time.

16. Mods please delete this thread..Thanks

17. Thats all anyone really had to say. Thanks to you for actually helping OP out (though I suppose it’s too late). To everyone else: Not everyone that is actually willing to learn and ASK can look at those sheets and automatically surmise the two wires should be tied together for a good mechanical connection and properly covered so as to prevent grounding issues. TB should be better than this. People need details, not snide ass “itZ RiGht tHeRe, DUH” comments that do nothing to help OP.

Haroldo, Jefus and FenderB like this.
  18. I think you should leave it up so that others looking for help can see it. That’s kind of the whole point of this this place, which a few jaded members seem to forget.

iiipopes, mcnach, N4860 and 1 other person like this.
  19. David76112

David76112

Feb 19, 2012
    America
    I have been noticing some grumpy members lately and this is why I do not want to become a supporting member. If someone does not care for a post, move to the next one.

N4860, FenderB and petrus61 like this.
  20. Meanwhile, instead of writing a dissertation and piggybacking off another posters link while adding zero to the conversation, you could have actually helped. Merci pour rien :)

tindrum and FenderB like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.