Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio Ultra jazz vs. Basslines 1/4 LB SJB-3

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by StartingLineBass, Jun 20, 2003.

1. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    I have no idea which pick-up to get. I will be using it in a Essex J. Please help me out, I would like know what they sound like and how reliable they are.

2. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    I have a pair of Dimarzio ultra jazz in my MIM fender and I think they lack low end comparing to the bartolini 9s I had before. I changed because I wanted a humbucker, but I think I`ll go back to barts...

I guess Duncans 1/4 pounders (based on what I have read on various reviews) will have more low end than Ultra Jazz.

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
  4. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, low end isn't my main priority...I'm mostly into treble. I play emo-punk...so it's not like great low-end is a must.

5. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
  6. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Aw, Chuck, say it ain't so--I just ordered four guitar PUs from Bill and Becky about 10 days ago!:bawl:

Now that I think of it, the guitar PUs I got from them last year probably took about 6 weeks, from soup to nuts. But yeah, they were worth it.

7. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    If you want a pickup that cuts through nicely in highs and high-mids to play with loud bands so Ultra Jazz is one of the best options you have!

8. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    Thats exactly what Im after...thanks