1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

dimarzio white(more yellow)jazz bass pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by baregroove, Sep 19, 2008.

1. baregroove

baregroove

Jul 1, 2007
    hi,
    i have a passive jazz bass,body is alder and the neck is rosewood. the pickups on it are Fender custom shop 60'.Few days ago i got old white(more yellow)dimarzio jazz bass pickups and planning to put them on jazz bass,and remove Custom shop 60's.so, i don't know if this is the good idea,and what kind of sound would those dimarzio give me.if anybody can help i would be grateful.

p.s. sorry on bad english,i'm from Europe.

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    Those DiMarzio's aren't bad at all but I suspect you're replacing them for cosmetic reasons?

The CS 60s pickups should be very nice, I wouldn't replace them unless you absolutely need a "modern" tone.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    The DiMarzios sound great, very punchy. Be forewarned though, they are stacked coil and deeper than some other pickups (at least older ones were). You may need to rout out the pickup cavities to set the height where you want them, IME.

4. baregroove

baregroove

Jul 1, 2007
    thanx.i'm gonna replace them,i'm just wondering what difference will gave to me.second reason is cosmetics,yes(they look great)
    thanx for reply but i still don't know what kind of frequencies do dthey have instead of Custom Shop 60's?what is the difference in sound?
    thanx