Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio Will POwer Middle DP146 pup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, May 11, 2004.

1. :help: Do you guys have any info on this pickup? Can I play heavy metal tunes to blues and everything in between?
    I play both heavy and mellow tunes.
    WIll this pickup be ideal
    I was looking at a DiMarzio pickup but this one is supposedly enhanced. :bassist:

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I LOVE the Will Power Middle... I'd use it for any style of music.

I forget what the tone chart indicates, but it has a lot of punch...in your face punch and output. I also like the fact that it doesn't have exposed pole pieces. I play right over the pup and don't like the clicking noise that I get with most P type pups.

I had a DiMarzio Model P on my first bass...a '74 P that I got new in...well '74. I prefer the Will Power to it.

Good luck!!!!

3. I just bought a Will Power Middle today!!!! The Dimarzio site has heaps of info. I'm yet to hook mine up, but from playing a bass with one in, they sound damn fine. The Dimarzio site gives you all the tone charts, specs etc.

www.dimarzio.com