Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dimarzio will power middle pu question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hide, Aug 13, 2005.

1. hide

hide

Aug 13, 2005
    I ve recently acquire a 2nd hand bass come with dimarzio will power middle pu.When I open up the pick up guard I found the poles of this pu is not sealed and just a layer of foam is paste onto it.

I am wondering is this thing a fake or sth?I had EMGs and DUNCUN and they all come well sealed.

another thing with this pu is tt it is damn noisy?Is there anything I can do about it?Thanks in advance

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

those aren't poles as they're not magnetic. As far as I know they're just spacers. Anyway, they're exposed with nothing covering them. Just reverse the wiring in one coil to make them hum-cancelling - ie. for series pigtail the black and white leads.

3. I bought a new Will Power Middle and dropped it into my MIM-P. It is not noisy at all. I did not open it open for inspection, so cannot comment on that.

Mine appears very well made and gives me no trouble. I have it wired with a series/parallel switch.