Dimarzios any good???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dodongo, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Dodongo

Dec 16, 2001
    hey guys, i was wondering how good dimarzio model P and J pickups are. so far i've heard good stuff from most of the people i've talked to about them. I want to replace my P+J bass's pickups, i'd like a good slap sound when played hard but i'd like to be able to get a good solid P bass tone and rock tones as well. i dont like to scoop my mids either. any suggestions? and most importantly i wanna know about the dimarzios because the price is right. thanks.
  2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey there, and welcome to TB.....

Yeah, I use dimarzios in my to main basses (Geddy Lee Jazz and MIA Jazz) and I think they are great... good sound, great price, what more could you want?

BTW, this subject has been gone over and over... If you use the search function up there at the top of the page, you will find more opinions of the dimarzio stuff than you probably ever wanted! Enjoy!

3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have a MIM Jazz bass. Swapped out the original pickups for DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups, based on some reports 'round here and also in Bass Player Magazine's shootout of aftermarket jazz pickups.

I have little to compare them to except the stock MIM Jazz pickups, but I can tell you they are great! They're not superhot, but they definitely have a good amount of output, unlike the stock MIM's. They're also very warm and extremely quiet, even when the bridge pickup is solo'd!:D

I'd recommend 'em;)
  4. i use a Dimarzio P-pickup in my fretless bass, very nice, and very cheap to...would happily recommend them!

5. I have a Dimarzio Model PJ set in my Peavey. I happen to think that the slap tone is great. :)

They really excel at rock tones.. I only wish I had switched the Dimarzios sooner.