1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dimebag, please read

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joeonbass, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Joeonbass

Joeonbass

Dec 9, 2006
    Guildford, UK
    I know this is a bass forum, not a guitar one but I thought I'd just say R.I.P to a guitar legend.

For those of you who don't know, Dimebag Darrell (ex-Pantera and Damageplan) was murdered 2 years ago yesterday at a Damageplan gig.

I'd just like to pay my respects to one of the greatest guitarists ever.

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    +1...man, two years already??

3. GhostLobby

GhostLobby totally deeeeef on the hi-hat side

Nov 20, 2006
    Seattle
    That totally weirded me out. I grew up in Columbus, OH and have seen shows at the Alrosa (sp?) on a number of occasions. That was truly one of those ***?! moments. RIP.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    damageplanfull.

R.I.P.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I remember the night I found out he was dead, I thought it was some kind of joke, and I remember all the statements coming through saying it was a joke and everything.

I'm so glad John Mclaughlin doesn't face these kind of threats!

6. In all honesty, i didnt care for his music at all, only liked a few pantera songs etc.

But damn, what a horrid way to go :(

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I was sitting in a taco joint in San Antonio in 1990 right when CFH came out and in walk Darrel, Vinnie, Cat and some other guys. They were cool as heck and sat down for some tacos and beer. About 4 years ago, I saw him again and he was just as cool and gracious as the first day I saw him. Some great memories and great music. R.I.P. Dime:crying:

8. RIP. I loved Pantera. Damn shame.

9. +1

He's probably up there jamming with Cliff, John Bonham and Jimmy H.

10. steve21

steve21 Banned

I remember the night.

I was posting on Ultimate-Guitar.com

Some kid from Ohio goes "Um, I was listening to the radio and I just heard in a local club Dimebag Darrell just got shot"

I knew it was Lennon's death day.

So naturally, I made a post wishing this kid a very vulgar death for making such a sick joke... I told him that was no way to talk about Dime, or anyone.

I didn't believe it.

Then... someone sent a link saying it

Then another link

Then my mom heard on 10:00 o'clock news "Heavy rock guitarist dies in Ohio club" and she came to tell me

11. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Sucks that people get killed that way. They better get better security:/ R.I.P.

12. Security is just to keep the crowd at bay. NOTHING to do with protecting people from raging lunatics shooting guns.

13. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    R.i.p. Dime