Dimensions of the Nordstrand NJ5 pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Q-Phonix, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Q-Phonix

Sep 28, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Does anybody know the dimensions of the Nordstrand NJ5 pickups? I am considering building a warmoth bass and need
    to figure out the size of the pickups. Thanks in advance.
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I suggest you email Carey using the link on his site www.nordstrandpickups.com

He's a terrific guy and very helpful. I know the NJ5F are direct replacements for Fender 5 string pups and the sizes of these you may find on fender.com I suspect the NJ5 may be the same size but supplied with covers, but you need to check this first obviously. The Dimarzio site has some useful drawings showing dimensions for their pickups; if the DMs, Nordies and Fenders all match, these diagrams may be useful.

Have fun finding out! Believe me you cannot go wrong with Nordies in my view, I am a new convert and totally blown away by my set of NJ4SEs.
  3. Q-Phonix

Sep 28, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the reply Bassybill, I am really leaning towards
    the Nordstrands becuase all of the positive reviews from this website. I just wish they had the dimensions posted on there web site. I guess I will try to email Carey Nordstrand.
  4. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    I'm glad you're liking the pickups Bill!!!

The standard NJ5 set are both the same size as a four string bridge pickup, which is roughly 3.725" in length.
    Hope that helps.
  5. If those puppies have the same measurements as the Dimarzio Ultrajazz 5 pick-ups, I'm in trouble :rollno:
  6. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    The NJ5 is the "standard" 5-string jazz-style pickup, whereas the NJ5f was designed to fit into Fender and Osborne 5-strings. ;)