1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diming the gain on an 800RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by megadan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hey,
    this is kind of a stupid question, but...

Has/does anyone dime the gain and/or boost on their 800, while keeping the master lower? The question came into my head while reading another thread asking what overdrive was.

My 800rb gets a nice nasty dirt at loud volumes when I dig in (which is why I bought it). I'm curious if the cranked sound is a nice overdrive or it will just be farting and nasty clipping.

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    I'm not saying this is a d*ckish manner, but why don't you do it yourself? I mean, you have the amp, and if you're keeping the master low you're not going to blow your head off... I guess I just don't understand why you're asking?

3. I probably will try it. Just curious if anyone else had done it first ;) we'll see how it sounds next time I'm at my practice space.

4. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    Like as$

Farty and mushy, couldn't take it more than a few notes.