Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dingwall 6 String In Progress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Jun 30, 2002.

1. I just got this picture from Sheldon Dingwall. It is the Redwood lace burl that is going on my 6 string. Thought you might be interested in seeing it.

It should be ready in a couple of months, so I am getting excited.

[​IMG]

I may get some other pictures that I can post from time to time.

Geoff

2. I'm sure that will look cool. I am also curious to hear how well the "stablilized" wood holds up on your 7 string. BTW, you can't link geocities pictues directly, you have to cut and paste them into you browser address bar.

-Chris

3. Geoff:
    BooHoo I don't see anything.

I can't wait til you get this bass. Does it really take 2 months to build one of these?
    Whats w/ the stablized wood, isn't that for your fretless and not this Dingwall 6 string? Maybe I'm confused
    frank

4. Well, his broken (because of the geocities thing I mentioned) link is to the picture of the "stabilized" quilted maple fingerboard he is using on his 7 string. The link that he meant to post was the one of the topwood of his new bass. Just cut an paste this link. http://www.geocities.com/airforcegeoff/attach.jpg

-CHris

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    That's one bitchen hunk of wood.
    Doc

6. Wow! Redwood burl is beautiful and that piece of maple for the fretboard is stunning - especially on a 7 string. I'll be very interested to see how it turns out.

Keep us updated!

Jeff

7. Just to clear things up that may be confusing, the redwood burl is going on the Dingwall 6 string. The quilted maple is going on a 7 string that I am building right now.

I'll keep you updated whenever I can, but I am all over the place this summer. Probably once I get home in late July I will have more for you.

Geoff