Dingwall 6 String In Progress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Jun 30, 2002.

1. I just got this picture from Sheldon Dingwall. It is the Redwood lace burl that is going on my 6 string. Thought you might be interested in seeing it.

It should be ready in a couple of months, so I am getting excited.

I may get some other pictures that I can post from time to time.

2. I'm sure that will look cool. I am also curious to hear how well the "stablilized" wood holds up on your 7 string. BTW, you can't link geocities pictues directly, you have to cut and paste them into you browser address bar.

3. Geoff:
    BooHoo I don't see anything.

I can't wait til you get this bass. Does it really take 2 months to build one of these?
    Whats w/ the stablized wood, isn't that for your fretless and not this Dingwall 6 string? Maybe I'm confused
  4. Well, his broken (because of the geocities thing I mentioned) link is to the picture of the "stabilized" quilted maple fingerboard he is using on his 7 string. The link that he meant to post was the one of the topwood of his new bass. Just cut an paste this link. http://www.geocities.com/airforcegeoff/attach.jpg

5. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    That's one bitchen hunk of wood.
  6. Wow! Redwood burl is beautiful and that piece of maple for the fretboard is stunning - especially on a 7 string. I'll be very interested to see how it turns out.

Keep us updated!

7. Just to clear things up that may be confusing, the redwood burl is going on the Dingwall 6 string. The quilted maple is going on a 7 string that I am building right now.

I'll keep you updated whenever I can, but I am all over the place this summer. Probably once I get home in late July I will have more for you.