Dingwall AB-1 Truss Rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dogmatic, Nov 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dogmatic

Dogmatic Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Athens, AL
    Let me caveat by saying I know nothing about bass setup...

I took my AB-1 to a guitar tech for setup, and he explained to me that he couldn't take all of the bow out of the neck because the truss rod was adjusted as much as possible. The bass plays well, but is there anything I can do to take the rest of the bow out of the neck?

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sheldon Dingwall actually takes pride in how well he packs the truss rod during construction. Did the tech do the neck-flex trick while adjusting? How much relief are you seeing now?

Riis

3. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Your tech might just be wary of stripping or breaking the rod. Try it yourself, with the wrench supplied by Dingwall. Clockwise for a flatter neck, less relief, and counter to relax the neck for more relief. Try going both ways, it might just be stuck. It should move with a little effort.

I'm really surprised to hear this, since Dingwall gear is usually flawless. All my Dingwall truss rods have worked perfectly, and rarely need any sort of adjustment, through major year round weather swings. I might touch the rod if I change to a new set of strings.

Don't hesitate to contact Dingwall, they are great to work with.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021