1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Dingwall AB1 Afterburner ABXXX Nolly spec wenge Darkglass Ferrari yellow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by schott1984, Mar 6, 2021.

1. schott1984

schott1984 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Saint John, IN
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Avoid a 2 year or longer wait!

NO TRADES. Need some cash at the moment.

I'll accept Paypal, Venmo, Google payment, Zelle, etc.

I priced this right at the average of the last four Canadian Dingwalls I could find sold here.
    Free insured shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

Bought this in summer of 2018 from the second owner, who is a member here at TB.

I just received my custom Dingwall AB1 after a 25 month wait, so this beast has to go!

It's a great sounding instrument. I liked it so much that the custom I just received and paid about TWICE the price for is identical except for decked out cosmetic specs, and series/parallel pickup switches.

Specs:
    • Alder body
    • Wenge neck and fretboard
    • Darkglass preamp with 4-position standard Afterburner 3-pickup switching (see paper diagram in pics)
    • FD3 pickups
    • Original Dingwall-brand Levy gigbag
    • Original Dingwall case candy, including color-coded wrenches, Dunlop strap locks, preamp and electronics instruction
    • Original sales receipts from when sold new
    • Currently strung with DR hi-beam XL scale LMR5-45

Please see the photos.
    This bass has a few "impressions". I'm not sure of the proper term; A poorly positioned guitar fell off the stand and hit this Dingwall while on the rack at my house, and a right-angle jack left an impression near the output jack. They're like dents the finish, not scratches, and it's not bare wood.

There is also one of these impressions on the bottom side of the neck around the 12th fret. This one is perfectly positioned to where I don't ever feel it while playing. It's close enough to the edge that thumb doesn't touch it, but far enough from the edge that my fleshy palm doesn't feel it near the side of fretboard either.

Thank you for looking!

1.jpg 2.jpg
    upload_2021-3-6_7-3-15.png
    3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 6a.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg d1.jpg d2.jpg d3.jpg d4.jpg DSC07380.jpg DSC07381.jpg DSC07384.jpg DSC07385.jpg DSC07386.jpg DSC07399.jpg DSC07400.jpg DSC07401.jpg DSC07402.jpg DSC07403.jpg DSC07404.jpg DSC07405.jpg q1.jpg q2.jpg z1.jpg z2.jpg z3.jpg z8.jpg

Afc70, whirledpeas, bbh and 1 other person like this.
  2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    That's a beauty. What body wood and finish is your custom?

3. schott1984

Apr 1, 2017
    Saint John, IN
    Thanks!

Alder with maple burl x-top, brown/green reverse burst, wenge laminate contrast layer. Pretty f*king penny!

2.jpg

4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Awesome. The upgrades do add up fast!

5. schott1984

Apr 1, 2017
    Saint John, IN
    If only they weren't so good at implementing these custom finishes and such... It's unreal how this thing looks in person. Looks like it can't be real or something.

bobba66, spiritbass and Bulltrout like this.
  6. schott1984

Apr 1, 2017
    Saint John, IN
    Sold on FB group. $3185

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021