1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Dingwall AB1

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jan 14, 2018.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Looking to sell (or possibly trade) my amazing 2006 Dingwall AB1 5 string. This bass is in fantastic condition. The only real imperfection is some buckle rash on the back in the clearcoat. This can be clearly seen in the attached photos and they are all surface scratches. The flame maple top is in pretty much perfect condition. There is some mninor wear on the Dingwall logo on the headstock which can also be viewed in the photos.

This bass started it's life as a passive instrument. I recently ordered a Glockenklang 3 band preamp directly from Dingwall (which they prewired) and had it installed a few months ago by one of Toronto's top techs. This included all new pots, switches and new control knobs. The pre runs off a single 9v which is in the control cavity. The switch you see is a dummy switch (producer switch). It was originally used for the blueqube (mid contour) switch. This was removed due to a lack of space in the control cavity so the switch is currently set to placebo mode. I will include the passive controls in the trade/sale for the new owner just in case for some reason you would want to switch it back. There is no reason to though as the Glock pre has a active passive switch and the treble acts as a passive tone control while in passive so it really is the best of both worlds.

Body is alder, top is flame maple
    Neck is maple, fretboard is Wenge
    Weight is right around 9 lbs
    Truss works
    String spacing is 18mm

Dingwalls are truly incredible instruments. I was originally only offering this one up because I have 3 and was really GASng for a MTD. I ended up buying a Spector (i know, I know) so i am now ideally looking for a cash deal. If this were my only Dingwall there is no way it would be listed. These bass's play like a dream with the best neck profile you could ever imagine and the tightest B string there is.

I am really only interested in trades plus cash that would net me at least $600-$700

Shipping is included in North America and the bass will ship with a Dingwall gigbag and a set of Dingwall adjustment tools.

Please PM me with any offers or questions.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Jabba the bass likes this.
  2. Applejacks

Applejacks Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2017

PM Sent :)

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Updated original post to note changes in trade options. Now ideally looking for cash due to a purchase I just made.

4. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Just curious, does your new layout still use Dingwall's rotary series/parallel switch (as opposed to the more common blend knob) for pickup selection? (I assume the active/passive is a push/pull on the treble knob...)

5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Actice passive push pull on the volume. Same 4 way rotary. The pre is prewired from Dingwall and is the exact wiring and options you get with their OEM bass's that have a 3 band glockenlang.

6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Staying in Canada. On its way to The Rock.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021