1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Dingwall ABZ5 - Nordstrand Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:10 PM.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my amazing 2012 ABZ5. This bass started out life as a passive bass. I bought it off of the original owner who is a Dingwall endorsed artist. I recently had a Nordstrand 3b preamp professionally installed and a custom set of ebony (with maple line inserts) control knobs made for it. We also added a 18v battery box. All work (including the custom knobs) was done by Toronto's top bass tech/repair person. The Nordstrand with the Dingwall FD3's is a perfect match. I have had Dingwalls with pretty much every pre available including, darkglass, glockenklang, EMG and Aguilar and this is my favourite pre so far.

This bass absolutely kills now. The controls are Volume(push-pull active/passive), 4 way Dingwall rotary, passive tone (works in active as well), mid (pushpull frequency selector) and stacked bass and treble.

Tons of tonal options and will also ship with a PTone neck pickup which is not installed. I tried it both ways and personally preferred the original pickups but the original owner loved it with the PTone. The bottom line is they both sound great and the Ptones for these models are now very hard to find the new owner can use it original or have the Ptone installed.

Swamp ash body
    Maple Neck (thinner profile like the lee sklars and Z series custom ordered by original owner)
    Weighs right around 8lbs. Nice and light.
    Truss works perfectly
    Midnight Blue Burst finish.

Has a couple minor imperfections which can be seen in the photos. Includes some minor buckle rash on the back, and very small indent in the horn and a slight indent below the control knobs. These are very minor and the bass looks amazing and plays even better.

Selling for $2450 shipped in a servicable gigbag in North America.

No trades please. I am only selling to recoup from some recent sales. Otherwise this would not be for sale.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:20 PM
  2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Staying local.