1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Dingwall Afterburner 1.5 Elite

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tonycarlson, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    A trade would be ideal, but there is absolutely only one thing I would trade for and that is a Dingwall Super J (preferably with super fatty pickups). My sale price is firm. The bass is in excellent condition and plays like a dream. The tone is outstanding. It has fresh Dingwall Nickels on it, comes with a set of Payson groundwound strings, and comes with a nice new Gator hard case as well. It is an incredible instrument. The only reasons I am selling/trading is that I've found the shorter Super series scale to be more my comfort zone and I would also like the tone variation of the super fatty pickups. With the P-Tone neck pickup in this one it is very similar in tone to my PJ. Thanks! Specs are below:

Maple neck

Wenge fingerboard

Alder body

Flamed maple top

Light Blueburst (has been incorrectly listed as Indigoburst in the past)

Dingwall FD-3 bridge pickup

Dingwall P-Tone neck pickup

Aguilar OBP-1 preamp

Controls are Volume, Pickup selector 4-way switch (P-tone neck solo, both pickups parallel, both pickups series, bridge pickup solo), Bass (boost only), Treble (boost/cut), Mini 2-way switch For active/passive (no bass EQ in passive mode, but treble acts as passive tone control.)

Magnetic battery cover

24 fanned banjo frets

34" - 37" scale

1.8" at the nut

9.0 lbs.
    _MG_4166.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Great price for a gorgeous bass!:thumbsup:

Tonycarlson likes this.
  3. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    BTW, you wouldn't happen to have any clips of this bass would you? If I were being fiscally responsible, I would buy this one rather than seeking out a 3x version. Do you know what year this one was born?

I discovered the exact opposite of you by the way. I found that the longer scales were much more ergonomically suited to me than the Super Series.

4. I was the original owner of this beautiful bass. Sadly had to let it go for financial reasons. I bought it brand new from Jive Sound in Oct 2011. I think he maybe had it for sale for about a year or so. It's the limited edition built just for Jive. The second owner put in the neck P pup. Sadly, I never got to hear it with that setup, but it absolutely killed stock!

5. Well, there was a flurry of activity last night as I was at band practice and this one is tentatively sold pending payment. On the chance that it falls through though, here is short sloppy clip i had done a while ago when I was testing out some of my new gear. I'll let you know if the sale falls through. Thanks!

6. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Good for you! And thanks for the clip anyway. I love hearing different wood and electronics combos.

Tonycarlson likes this.
  7. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    BTW, what was the selector switch setting on that clip?

8. One click over from neck solo, which I believe is both - series. I have the hardest time remembering which is series and which is parallel.

9. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Yes, that's series. Thanks. I thought it probably was.

Tonycarlson likes this.