1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Dingwall Afterburner 1 Five String/ Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassconbeatz, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    BuffaloBob4343 likes this.
  2. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    PM me for more pics.

3. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

This looks familiar...

4. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Is this a passive bass?

5. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    It sure is. Afterburner 1 are all passive when purchased stock.

6. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Gorgeous top. Love the flame. AB1's of that era were passive only. They are now shipped routinely from the factory with Pre amps.

Nevertheless, beautiful bass at a great value. GLWTT!!

7. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Actually passive is still standard and active is an option, according to the Dingwall website. Regardless, the passive sound really sweet. The blue flame on this beauty looks nicer in person.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  8. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Sorry brother, I don't mean to clutter up your sale thread. Sheldon has extended most of his options to all of his Canadian models at this point, so it sort of blurs that line of what is "stock" anymore but yes, as a base model, it starts passive only.

And I know what you mean about how hard it is to capture the true beauty of whale pool blue. Most cameras really lose the subtle beauty of that color. I have an ABI of that color and no picture I have taken has yet come close to doing it justice. That last picture you listed does give a good idea of it though. Someone is going to be really happy when they buy this one!

9. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    The best thing about Talkbass, is the knowledge bass of our members. Thanks for the great insight. This is actually my 3rd Dingwall I have owned and they all have been out of the park great. I met Sheldon awhile back at a NAMM show; awesome guy, and it's great that options are available throughout the whole catalog. Even the Combustion line has evolved into a must have model with a wealth of options and features. No apologize necessary. Thanks again.

BuffaloBob4343 likes this.