Dingwall Afterburner I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, May 3, 2004.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Played my new Afterburner all weekend and have to give it a thumbs-up all the way around. I posted when I had just gotten it, but there is more to be said now!

- The band I auditioned for yesterday complimented the sound SEVERAL times, before handing me the gig :D - now I just have to decide if it's music I really wanna play... grrr, decisions. The Dingwall paired with the Aggies is a force to be reckoned with.

- My girlfriend was in the music/game room with me on Saturday, she was playing pinball while I was playing the bass... After a few minutes she asked me to not play for a little bit until her game was over, quote "The low string makes my insides all wobbly, and it's kinda making me nauseous." (Low B powaahhhh!)

Sheldon is the mack daddy. Doubt I'll ever buy another-branded 5, though I may sometime trade up to an AB6 if I feel adventurous.
  2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Congrats! I've never seen one in person, but the photos I've seen look great. Any pics? (I believe that's a rule around here when you announce a new arrival ;) ). By the way, how long do you think it will take to feel really comfortable on the fanned fretboard?
  3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I'll get a pic up ASAP =0)

And as for the fretboard, it really only took me about 5 minutes to be able to play without looking. The only place I even had a hint of trouble are the very first three frets on the G, and I'm about over that already.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

We just got it's bigger 6 string brother...scha-weeet! :D
  5. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I played a dingwall in atlanta and the bass gallery... it was very nice on the bottom end but I had trouble at the top... having to go up as I went "down" the neck...
  6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    ya the lows were crazy on the dingwalls ive played. only problem i had was with there high end. didnt like the sound to much, and taping up and down the neck with fan fretts took a bit to get used too. they all had old pups, and i hear the fd3s are insane. o ya and pics gosh darnit