1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Dingwall Afterburner II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GMBass1, Dec 30, 2016.

1. GMBass1

GMBass1 Supporting Member

May 17, 2009
    Price:
    $2850.00
    Strings:
    Greetings fellow bassists, and a happy New Year to everyone. I'm selling this great Dingwall AB II. I purchased it from another (awesome) TBer a few months ago to check out the fanned fret thing, and based on reviews of Dingwall basses. The fanned frets I found remarkably easy to get used to, practically a non issue. My main reason for letting it go is the string spacing. Having played P basses for many years, I am not comfortable with the narrower spacing.
    Previous owner has graciously consented to allow me to copy his posting with great photos and info:
    SOLD - 2010 Dingwall ABII 5X Cocobolo Top SE #10 of 12
    It is in the same condition as when I received it - 9.8 IMHO. There is one small 'ding' on upper bout (see photo). Photos below are new.
    I will cover shipping in Reunion Blues semi-hard case to lower 48. If buyer wants a trial period, I'm open, but would have to cover original and return shipping. Trade interest: I would prefer a straight sale here, but I'm open to suggestions, straight trade, cash in, cash out. Must be high end 5 string fretted, 34, 34.5, 35 in. scale, 19 mm spacing. Particularly interested in a Ken Lawrence. Cheers.

Attached Files:

scubaduba, AB Nate and Tonycarlson like this.
  2. Do yourself a favor and get a Dingwall Super P!

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    This is going to sound dumb, but if that had a P-tone in it, I'd pick it up. Sadly, there are no more p-tones available in that pickup shape :(. What a gorgeous bass.

4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    This was the last fiver I sold when I finally decided to knuckle down and concentrate on fours strings again. Best B string I've ever played with a verity of great tones on this bass. Great tb'r to deal with here too folks. You won't be disappointed.

Glwts

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    BuffaloBob4343 likes this.
  5. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Can't you get one from Mike Nordstrand?

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Not that I'm aware of? I checked his website, and he only mentions the FD3, not the P-tone.

7. TheBear

TheBear Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    drool

8. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hmmm. Perhaps you're right. But from what I understand, an FD3 wired in series gets you pretty close. ;)

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    PM sent :)

10. arondeau

arondeau

Jul 14, 2009
    ...are you only interested in "bass" trades? I have a Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Top 10.
    Gorgeous guitar.

Andy

11. GMBass1

GMBass1 Supporting Member

May 17, 2009
    Thanks for your interest Andy. I wouldn't have a use for a guitar. Cheers.

jebmd likes this.