SOLD Dingwall Combustion 2016 - Ash body upgrade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassheart365, May 15, 2017.

1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Price:
    $1300
    Strings:
    Virtually brand new 2016 Dingwall Combustion 4 string.

Ash body ($100 upgrade over standard Alder). I'm probably going to regret selling this, but I own four Dingwall basses at the moment, and I'm funding some recording equipment. This is an absolutely superior instrument over conventional basses. The E string is 36.25 inches, and it goes down to standard 34 inches on the G string. Massive tone and sustain due to the longer-scale lower strings. Takes about 10 minutes to adjust to the fanned frets. Also, this bass can easily be converted into an NG2/Combustion with the addition of a Tone Capsule preamp if you want that (the body is pre-cut from the factory to allow the neck pickup to move back to the NG2 position).

The ash body is a substantial upgrade in terms of sustain and punch over the standard alder, and is NOT an available upgrade for the NG2 models.
    Dingwall Combustion.jpg comb 4 VB Top (1).jpg

Lowendtech and DevinWard369 like this.
  2. chrisbmets

chrisbmets Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Central New Jersey
    Is the bass still available???

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    PM'd

4. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Sorry, it sold on Reverb....

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022