SOLD Dingwall Combustion 5 blue burst with 3p/u conversion kit

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Qedanon, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Qedanon

Qedanon Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2014
    New York
    Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    United States
    Made around 2019, with the 3rd p/u upgrade route already underneath the pickguard.

Mint condition 2 FDN modern pickup version, beautiful & very detailed pao ferro fretboard (upgrade), zero issues, phenomenal playing and sounding bass. Only offering up for sale because I own 2 Combustion basses, the other is a 10th anniversary. Original Dingwall gigbag and toolkit included.

Ash body with a sensational quilted maple top; finish could be blue burst, though some have told me it's whale burst; Finish is gorgeous with very light subtle touches of green in the right light.

Price is slightly negotiable:
    Bass is being sold with the official Dingwall 3rd FDN pickup upgrade kit, with additional pickguard to hold all three pickups, and new rotary switch. Never installed. As stated, it's not necessary to install, the original electronics work perfectly and sound amazing, but we all know the sonic and visual advantages.

For full asking price of $2200:
    I'll include an uninstalled Darkglass Tone Capsule, with pots, ready for installation.

Cash / paypal, local NYC hand delivery, out of state buyers pay shipping.

Will consider trade offers of high end basses, but primarily looking for cash.
    Looking for a Dingwall black burst 2 or 3p/u, maple fretboard preferred, 4 or 5 string, among other things:
    Definitely looking for trades for Roscoe or Elrick basses.

Thanks for checking it out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  2. Qedanon

Qedanon Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2014
    New York
    Photos of the 3rd pickup/pickguard conversion kit, and the Darkglass Tone Capsule with 3 pots,
    Both unopened and uninstalled.
    Conversion kit ($190 retail) is unused
    Darkglass preamp previously used but in mint condition (+/- $150 used market)
    20210802_180743.jpg 20210802_180802.jpg 20210802_180809.jpg

3. Tjackson

Tjackson

Mar 23, 2019
    pmd

Qedanon likes this.
  4. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Thom my dude, you have a present! :D

Qedanon likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022