1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Dingwall Combustion 5 string OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Slug Shell Basist, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Slug Shell Basist

Slug Shell Basist Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    Here you have a unique road-worn Dingwall Combustion 5 string with will all original hardware and electronics. I have owned this bass for about 2 years and love it but due to work and current life obligations I cannot let this bass sit on a stand without a loving musician playing it. There are 3 small marks on the neck which I have shown in a picture. The marks are nowhere near noticeable while playing but are visible and are small in relation to the neck. The bass itself is fairly light and easy to manage while playing for long periods of time standing or sitting. Feel free to contact me regarding it! I'll do my best to answer questions as fast as I can. The bass will be shipped in a gig bag and wil be packaged with loads of peanuts.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I noticed the dingwall pickups are upgrades from the cheaper ones that come from the factory. Also the bass has a Glockenklang preamp!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have to ask...what is that body wood? I've never seen anything like that before. GLWTS

3. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That is some interesting road wear. How did that happen? Looks like it has been in or near a fire... just the body though... just curious.

Combustoions are amazing basses, GLWTS.

4. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I believe it is alder but I have contacted Dingwall regarding that and a few other things I had questions about. Thanks!

5. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    From the original guy I got it from he said it was a "custom" job done to the bass. Unfortunately I do not know if that was how it came out of the factory or if he had a professional do it. Also thanks! I love these basses but I cant justify keeping this one with how busy my schedule has been the past few years

Timmy-Watts likes this.
  6. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do you know the weight?

7. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Yea is it 8 lbs 10 oz.

fritzk9 likes this.
  8. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Combustions (of that era) from the factory were all painted.

AB Nate likes this.
  9. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    That is correct. I've since contacted a member from Dingwall's shop who informed me that the paint job is something custom done after it was bought. He also enlightened the fact that it does have a Glockenklang preamp and the pickups are most likely FD3a's or FD3n's. I also learned that this bass is from the 3rd run of the 2013 production line. The neck possibly has a 15 inch neck radius, the body is alder, and an additional shielding was added to the control cavity even though the basses come stock with shielding paint.

10. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I did confirm that the body is alder.

11. Sm_ill

Sm_ill Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Illinois
    Where in Wiscansin are you located?

12. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Southwest Milwaukee by Hales Corners

Plutonium244 likes this.
  13. Ericwilcello

Ericwilcello

Feb 14, 2018
    I love this bass.someone spilt their coffee?glwts

14. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Lol surprisingly I normally play my bass in the morning while enjoying my coffee!

15. Slug Shell Basist

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Sold on a different site.