1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Dingwall Exotic Top Super J. 8.5lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SevenReasons, Dec 1, 2016.

1. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0382.JPG Thought I could keep this but it turns out I need the funds.

Dingwall Super J Exotic 5
    Alder body
    Flame maple top
    Flame Maple board
    Black blocks
    Dingwall PUPs
    Aguilar OBP1
    Set up as V/V/B/T.
    Active/Passive switch.

Original Dingwall 4 way rotary pot included if you wish to convert back. This pot allows for front PUP solo, both in series (mid boost), both in parallel (mid scoop), and bridge PUP solo, with 4 simple clicks in place of a standard volume or balance pot. Very handy but I went old school with this one.

This was originally built for endorser Ed Far and I picked it up from him when I was in Greece.

8.5lbs on the bathroom scale and balances amazingly with zero neck dive. Ship in Guitar Research Hard/gig bag. Split shipping.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    IMG_0146.JPG
    Forgot the chip pic.

*had a question wether this was a chip or a dent. It is a dent and will add new pics below*

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  3. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Interesting. I've never seen one with contrasting wood strips on the back of the neck. Sorry to hear that you can't afford to keep this beauty.

SevenReasons likes this.
  4. I may want to take this off your hands. I think I've determined that my happy place is the shorter Dingwall scale. I know the price lowering is GAS related, but you're not interested in a trade for my Afterburner by chance, are you?

5. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0558.JPG IMG_0557.JPG

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021