1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dingwall NG-2 year of construction - what are the differences?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djaxup, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Hi,

I was wondering about the differences - other than color options - the different version of the NG-2 have. I noticed a different type of bridge and a new pickup shape. Dingwall already confirmed to me via email that the guts of the pickups are the same regardless of shape. The shape went from soapbar (very EMG style) to their rounded, thinner pickup design. Placement should be close enough to sound similar I guess.

Has anyone had the opportunity to do some side by side testing of the 2016/2017/2018 models?

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    In addition to the bridge and pickup shape, there are factory 3X pickup routes under the pickguard of the v2 NG2 (the one with the rounded pickup shells).

I had both at the same time. No difference other than those and no difference in tone.

3. that is good to hear. I loved the tone and the responsiveness of the instrument when playtesting an older Ferrari Green one. It looked like a plastic toy in that color... to me anyways. I ordered one in purple now... I really hope it will sound and feel like the green one.