SOLD Dingwall NG2, Ferrari Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ethan117, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Ethan117

Ethan117 My instrument makes people jiggle. Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey all - up for sale is a lovely red Dingwall NG2 5 string with a few years under its belt (not sure of the exact age, I can research if desired). This bass has traveled and been played extensively with two previous owners, earning it some cosmetic mojo which I've captured in photos/descriptions further down.

This NG2 has rectangular pickup shells and the older-style bridge pieces.

I originally bought this bass to set it up for some "out there" metal tunings and tones, but I'm already able to do everything I'm aiming for on my NG3 5 string...so this beauty has been sitting on a stand far too much. Can't justify keeping it at the moment.

Asking $1500 for the bass and the case I received it in, PayPal preferred. The case is missing a latch and is fairly well worn, so I'm strongly leaning toward a local sale (Milwaukee area, WI). I'm definitely willing to meet the right buyer halfway for a car dropoff, and I'll entertain reasonable offers. I'll consider shipping long distance, but I'll need some time to set things up (1st time shipping a bass) and likely some extra $.

Photos below, some with descriptions - PLEASE READ THEM. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Weight is 9.1lbs according to the bathroom scale.

full?d=1593792859.jpg
    full?d=1593792859.jpg

As you can see in the next photo, it appears a previous owner may have used heavier-than-normal gauge strings and widened the nut slots accordingly (just eyeballing it compared to my stock NG3). I don't notice any effect on the sound.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

There are two small chips in the nut on the treble sides of the A and D strings.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

With the strings removed/slacked, the tuning pegs on this bass do have some wiggle. The gearing and housing are rock solid, but the posts/pegs can move 1-2mm at the tuning end. With strings at normal tension, no wiggle occurs. I haven't noticed any problems with tuning stability and the like.

full?d=1593792859.jpg
    full?d=1593792859.jpg
    full?d=1593792859.jpg

Some small surface scratches.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

This ding is a bit hard to see - roughly centered on the side of the body, looks like an impact that cracked the paint but didn't remove it.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

Ding through the paint on the "horn" next to the cable jack. Immediately to its left is a small dent with a surrounding crack.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

Two dings that I assume went through the paint. Previous owner attempted repairs with nail polish of a somewhat-matching color.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

Some zoomed-out context on the previous dings. They're actually not overly noticeable when viewing the bass from the front (compare to 1st photo in this thread).

full?d=1593792859.jpg

Looks like something painted black traded some paint with the lower horn.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

The adjustable saddle piece for the B string is loose and can fall out with a string holding it down. I don't hear anything odd with the B string when playing.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

This case is included. It's missing a latch and is fairly generic in its fit of basses. Long enough for 37" of Dingwall goodness.

full?d=1593792859.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. Bassfishin72

Bassfishin72 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Seems like a really good deal on one of these. GLWTS

jkazam and Ethan117 like this.
  3. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Gold Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nice! If I was looking for another Dingwall, I'd definitely check this one out! Good to know there is another Dingwall fan in Milwaukee!

Ethan117 likes this.
  4. jkazam

jkazam Supporting Member

May 25, 2007
    Agree. Seems like a good deal. What’s the weight.

Ethan117 likes this.
  5. Ethan117

Jun 10, 2014
    Weight is 9.1lbs according to the bathroom scale. I’ll update the OP with this info.

jkazam likes this.
  6. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Good gravy! That is one incredible bass. GLWTS!

Ethan117 likes this.
  7. Still available?

8. Ethan117

Jun 10, 2014
    Yep! Pm if you’d like to chat!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022