Dingwall NG2 with Darkglass b7k

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shpadoinkle_, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Shpadoinkle_

Shpadoinkle_

Jul 12, 2016
    Hey I'm brand new to the site and hoping someone here has the know how to help me out.

I've recently ordered a dingwall Ng2 5 string bass which comes with a built in Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp. I see a lot of people using the darkglass b7k pedal with Dingwall basses and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra purchase to get the pedal as well. I know it's a great pedal and it seems to get only great reviews but because the bass already has the built in preamp would it make a big enough difference to justify it? I'd appreciate any feedback about Dingwall basses and Darkglass pedals in general.

Thanks guys, looking forward to digging deep through these forums

2. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    The Tone Capsule is just the EQ section of the B7K.

The B7K is worth it if you need/want a modern distortion pedal with extensive EQ that doubles as a DI. The B3K is only the drive section and may be another option.
    You may want to try the bass with your current gear first.

3. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    They were literally designed to work together ;)

The Tone Capsule, even set flat, is a very important part of the NG-2's sound...the B7K, though there will be some overlap in the EQ section, is an entirely different preamp that also has a remarkably clear distortion circuit.

If you don't like or use distortion I wouldn't bother with the B7K, but if you do you owe it to yourself to hear what the two sound like together.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022