1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dingwall posted their latest finish a few days ago. Might be the most beautiful bass I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by giantenemybird, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    beautiful bass, I'd like to try that fanned fret thing sometime and see how that works for me

bholder likes this.
  2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    What is that? Some sort of Burled, quilted, flamed maple? Beautiful, nonetheless!

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That's killer, but mucho $$$ likely. Likely more than most Foderas or Ritters.

Sheldon's top of the line basses are always amazing though!

4. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    YOWZA! That's pretty! Good thing I don't get along with fanned frets or 6 strings, otherwise the GAS would be sky high!

Bassman Spiff likes this.
  5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Yeah, my eyes are having trouble figuring out what I'm seeing - looks like some sci fi flick showing low thin clouds over an alien planet's surface! :eek:drool

elkkid2, TonyP- and SirMjac28 like this.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Very nice. A bit uptown for my types of gigs. Still, a piece of art.

bolophonic likes this.
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    It's a great top. A crazy mixed up maple, in a variation of the trans black. Although I'd say it's probably not as much as most Foderas or Ritters. This is an Afterburner model and I'm guessing it probably prices somewhere around $3K (without seeing current a price sheet). The Afterburner series was originally the entry level but is now a step or two up from the Combustion and the AB/Z range. This one has some fantastic options that give it a bit of 'juice' in pricing, from the highly figured top, the triplebucker pickups, the wenge on wenge neck, the preamp, and the 6th string... but it's not a Zebra or a Prima model.

So yes, it's not a Fender, Musicman or similarly priced bass, but could very well be in the range of many players. :)

And if people can grab a bass in this range with slightly less spec at a good price. :) My experience is that they also hold their value. My Afterburner did.

Baird6869 likes this.
  8. That's simply stunning, and I really like the pickup configuration!

9. Do pups that close together actually sound different from each other or are they different spec for each pup?

10. Wow, that just shoved Nolly's famous Dingwall back into the shadows and stole the show :O

11. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    They do sound different. Keep in mind that half the magic is in the wiring combinations involved. :)

My next Dingwall will also be a triple bucker but way different from this one I think.

12. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh

Apr 16, 2001
    ICT
    Good looking top; still looking to try a Dingwall, that fanned fret-idea looks interesting.

13. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It looks like poplar burl to me but who knows?

14. It's toight like a toiga! Never tried a fan fret, could be interesting. :)

20db pad likes this.
  15. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Looks freakin awesome but they installed the frets crooked!

Rain Wash Me likes this.
  16. oaklandthumb

oaklandthumb

Nov 12, 2014
    Whatever you do, dont go to the Ritter website.

ChrisDev and bholder like this.
  17. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    DROP.DEAD.BEAUTIFUL.

18. Beautiful.

19. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    ^^^ Heard by me at nearly every show I play.

rmars, joe vegas and mmbongo like this.