Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dingwall Prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nicnoyd, Feb 24, 2003.

1. nicnoyd

nicnoyd Guest

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey guys...!
    Anyone familiar with Dingwall Prices (in general & for europe) or a site where they can be found...?

Really fiendin´for one of those.....:p

But I fear there are some paychecks that gotta have to be ripped...:D

thanks a lot for any info...!!!

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    the best bet is to contact sheldon dingwall himself and see what he thinks your best options are. He is extreamly helpful, and you won't be dissapointed in his helpfulness. They do come up used every once in a while, but it would be up to the seller to decide if he wanted to send it overseas.

Mark

3. I am not too familiar with European Dingwall pricing. That said, it depends a lot on which model you are interested in. The Afterburners go for about $1500US, while the Prima and Z series basses are closer to $3000US. Of course you can add a lot in options to the prices. The new Afterburner II is just coming out, I am unsure of pricing, but I would guesstimate that it is probably going to be in the neighbourhood of $2000.

And what thread would be complete without a picture.

[​IMG]

Geoff

4. nicnoyd

nicnoyd Guest

Feb 24, 2003
    well,i wouldn´t wanna know the price of your six, geoff...but anyone who´s seen the pics of the making progress would agree it´s worth thinking about it...Definetly Badass...!!!

Do you know more about the Afterburner II??
    I mean, i´d like an afterburner with active electronics...maybe this one is active?

5. Nic:
    I got a pair of Dingwall Afterburners. The afterburner II will be like afterburner I with more wood choices (string choices as well, 4,5, 6). I suspect Sheldon will add active electronics too. In this months guitar&bass buyers guide the Afterburner II run from $1600US to over $2500US
    You best bet is to drop Sheldon a line. Like Mark says the guys totally cool and answers your emails promptly. I was very impressed w/ his customer service
    good luck
    frank

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Geoff you have just been added to my "You Suck" club.

7. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Good to see you back on TB again Frank, drop me a line and let me know how you've been doing.
    did you ever do the pickup switch on the afterburner?

8. Alright, here is the first Afterburner II that I have seen at a shop, well, it isn't there yet, but I guess it will be soon. Sheldon sent me this pic, and from what I can gather, they are the same bass, or at least the same specs.

[​IMG]

Geoff

9. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Looks great, i'm glad the area at the base of the neck mow matches the body, I naver liked the unfinished look of the original afterburner. Just a small detail, but it always caught my eye in a negatve way. But The basses play fantastic, so i guess I am being way too picky.

By the way Geoff, Has sheldon ever checked out any of the many dingwall threads that have been on talkbass in the last 6 months? THis place is the best advertisment he could hope for.

10. Sheldon does occassionally check out Talkbass, and I usually email him links to any threads he might be interested in, specifically, the ones about my bass. He has posted occassionally in the past, but I think that he is usually very busy, so it is pretty sporadic.

He is very appreciative of feedback on the basses, I know that.

I agree with the matching of the neck/body, I don't find it a big deal, but it is nicer on the new AB II, IMO. By the way, the reason it matches is that the neck is bubinga, like the body top, in case you didn't notice that.

Geoff

11. nicnoyd

nicnoyd Guest

Feb 24, 2003
    well,thanks for the input,guys...(sorry,i could not reply earlier)..
    Especially Geoff for the nice pic.!

and with all the good things i´ve heard about Sheldon, I think I´ll best drop him a line....

Thanks again,guys!!