1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Dingwall Super J5 - Dingwall for Dingwall Trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Oct 7, 2017.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Okay so I am officially out of control. This is truly a feeler. I know, I know. I am listing my pretty much mint 2014 Super J because I have my eyes on a Dingwall AB1 at my local music store that I really want. (Ferrari yellow, wenge neck, darkglass pre). If that bass sells this will almost certainly come down. I am only offering this as I prefer the 37" scale. This bass is as close to mint as you can get. I can't find any imperfections on it but it is a 3 year old bass so there may be something that you can find with a microscope. This is THE first Super J built with the rear route and the FD3 pickups. It was built for NAMM 2014. I have included links below from the Dingwall Forum where Sheldon was showing this off. There are finished photos as well as one from when the body was being carved. The super pro looking photos I have attached are from the links below. This is THE bass in the photos. Not one like it. The 1st photos from the Dingwall site nail the colour in real life. My photos make it look slightly darker.

It is fully decked out. Glockenklang 3 band pre amp, FD3-4L pups, series/parallel switches, mid frequency switch, pearl block inlays. The two outer switches are for parallel/series for each pickup and the middle switch is the mid frequency switch. The tonal options are endless.

Everything works perfectly including truss and electronics.
    Weight is around 8.5 lbs at the most probably less (on my crummy bathroom scale)
    Frets are in tip top shape. (I am the 2nd owner and the original owner was a guitar player who barely touched it)

I am open to trades for 37" scale Canadian made Dingwalls only. I am ideally looking for cash to buy the bass mentioned above but if someone has a very nice newer model active AB1 5 string (glock or darkglass pre only) or active ABZ5 (plus cash my way) I will definitely consider a trade. I have a passive AB1 that I love so definitely need the next one to be active.

Selling for $3300 shipped in North America in the Dingwall gigbag with the adjustment tools.

dingwallguitars.com • View topic - NAMM 2014 basses

NAMM 2014 Super J preview | Dingwall Guitars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. Applejacks

Applejacks

Sep 12, 2017
    Hi RussT
    Nice looking bass!! Sending a PM.

Thanks
    Andy

3. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Beautiful. Glwts

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Sale pending.

5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Sold. Hate to see it go. Need to get another Dingwall fast.