1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Dingwall Super P5 - Excellent shape!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DaymonJ11, Jan 21, 2021.

1. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Hey everyone! Hope you’re all well.

Here you have my recently acquired Dingwall Super P5 in a fantastic burst finish with Rosewood fingerboard! Has the Dingwall Pickups and the AB1 Passive Tone Control.

This bass is - for sure - the absolute best sounding P bass that I have ever played. And honestly, it isn’t even close. The tone control on this thing is absolutely spectacular! Go from aggressive and grindy to smooth to scooped in the turn of a knob. It’s really special, and has a ton of range. Sonically, it’s as rangey of a bass as I’ve ever played.

As stated I recently acquired this and while I absolutely love it tonally, I think I have a mental block on the multi-scale approach. After a couple of days of playing till my hands bleed, I just don’t get it. This is the first time I’ve ever tried it, and it just doesn’t work for me, though I wish it did! Because it’s a BAMF for sure.

The lower frets are fine, but above 12 gets a little weird for me. So, instead of trying square peg, round hole this one - I figured I’d sell or trade it and let someone else really enjoy this, because it is fantastic!

From a condition standpoint, it’s really good. Just had a setup and fret level done and the only two flaws I’ve found I tried to show but they are really small and hard to capture. There’s some play wear, but nothing egregious and/or concerning. This is shown in pictures.

I know right now these are selling above the list on this one on Reverb and other sites. So, this is a really good number. Overall, just a really great bass.

Specs:

- 8.74lbs per the bathroom scale
    - 19mm spacing
    - Rosewood Board
    - 5pc Maple Neck
    - Hipeshot USA hardware
    - AB1 Passive Tone Control
    - Dingwall Super P passive pickups (sound ridiculous)
    - DR Blue Steel strings
    - Has original Dingwall bag in average shape

As always I will entertain trades, but, would prefer a direct sale. Trades I’d be interested in include Sadowsky, Warwick, Valenti, Low End, and Mayones. I could be swayed with something else, but no equipment please.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you got, or what questions you have! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Daaaaaang

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  3. Daniel Sanders

Daniel Sanders

Jan 20, 2021
    Sent you a DM

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021