SOLD Dingwall Super PJ5 w/reverse/trad pickguards

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smeet, Apr 28, 2016.

1. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Price:
    $2750
    Strings:
    Beautiful Super PJ5, Alder body and Pau Ferro fingerboard. The color is hard to photograph, it's Chrome Blue, and the pickguard is white pearloid. Looks way better in person than in my pics. It came as a Super P5, and Mo (formerly of Carey Nordstrand's shop) expertly routed and installed the proper bridge pickup, with full cooperation and approval by Sheldon.

As with all Super P's, it is routed for both traditional and reverse P configurations. It also comes with a white pearloid pickguard for each configuration. Both configurations sound great. Traditional nails the P sound a bit more (but with the usual Dingwall clarity and evenness), and reverse sounds a bit fuller with both pickups together for a modern/slap tone.

I replaced the knobs with some that I liked more, just because I like chickenheads, and because it's much easier to see what the current settings are this way. I can include the original knobs too.

There are three dents in the finish, each about 1/16" in size. They are along the top edge, about the area covered by my right forearm when playing. I've included pictures.

The bass will come with a Dingwall gig bag, which is quite nice.

$2750 including shipping in the ConUS.
    dingwall_01.jpg

dingwall_03.jpg

dingwall_02.jpg dingwall_05.jpg dingwall_04.jpg dingwall_06.jpg

2. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Dang.

3. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow! What does it weigh?

4. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sold! Man, no matter what's going on with the economy, I guess there are some things that go quick!

FYI: I think it weighs just under 9 pounds, but I don't have an accurate scale.

monsterthompson and Timmy-Watts like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021