SOLD Dingwall Super PJ5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brandon.miller, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    Strings:
    I said I'd never do this but regrettably up for sale is my beloved Dingwall Super PJ 5 string. I accepted a new job that requires a 45 mile commute one way and my F250 is a thirsty girl so I'm needing to buy a little commuter car.

Specs:
    -Active/Passive Glockenklang 2- band EQ with passive treble auto switch
    -Drop A tuner
    -Super-Fatty pickups
    -Maple neck with black pearloid inlays
    -Dingwall gig bag
    -8.6 pounds

Color is a custom titanium/ice blue that really complements the pickguard with a light flake. Professionally finished by Sean at Cincitycustoms (StreetScenes). Smoothest playing bass I've ever owned. 2 very small dings on G string underside of bass.

Only trades I would accept would be for another Dingwall, Spector Doug Wimbish, other figured body Spector, or a unique Rickenbacker. All plus cash to fund me a 2nd car.

20160513_111143.jpg
    20160513_111134.jpg 20160513_111310.jpg 20160513_110918.jpg

My photography skills aren't the best and it's hard to capture the flake and actual color of the bass. If better photos are needed with better lighting let me know and I can make it happen.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    This is my bucket list bass. While this absolutely kills me that I cannot afford it right now.

3. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I was in the same boat, but with a Dodge. I ended up buying a Prius. Got the expected flak from some of my friends, especially one who just bought a new BMW. So I took him for a ride in it; he could not believe the pickup and handling, plus it's a mid size car. Now I'm getting over 50 MPG (64 MPG was the max) and I can still fit all my gear, including Hartke 410 in the back with the back seat up. I'm driving 75 miles a day and between my car payment (I went new) and gas I'm still spending 1/2 what I was in just gas for the truck. Only car I ever owned that gets better mileage than advertised. Oh, and I'm drooling over the bass. I want a PJ with a maple fretboard in the worst way. If I can only convince my wife to let me buy it with the gas I'm saving.

4. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Man, there have been some lovely Supers popping up here lately!

Love the color. GLWTS!

5. Sold :crying:

6. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    pm'd

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Sooooooooooo you might actually use gas money as GAS money. That might be a TB first! Buy this bass so that we have the cool story if nothing else!

Spent and SevenReasons like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021