Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dingwall Zebra 5 String - #1 of 1

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Rod Harder, May 17, 2002.

1. HI everyone,
    New on this board, but I have something that may be of interest to you out there. I am a Dingwall dealer and I have a Zebra 5 string for sale that has had a bit of bad luck.
    It is a NEW Zebra 5, Quilt Top, Hipshot, 18V preamp, Bartolinini PU, 22 frets, PU blend control,(not rotary switch) and a custom VERY deep blue transparent finish. It is signed and numbered "#1 of 1" on the back plate and signed by Sheldon Dingwall in gold paint pen.
    Now for the story-
    This bass was sold to a customer however it was shipped via OOPS courier (figure it out) and arrived less than perfect, so it was refused and I have it again.
    The bass had a crack in the back of the body near the output jack, and it has been repaired by our Fender GOLD level guitar tech and it structurally 100%, but it is impractical to order a new body or refinish this one.The crack is invisible from the front of the bass, but it is there, and I have been assured by Sheldon Dingwall that there is NO compromise in tone or integrity. Sheldon is aware of the bass and the repair and it will not affect any warranty with regard to the bass.
    It is still a "New" bass for warranty reasons, and I will be happy to forward a host of pics via email to anyone interested. I am asking $1600 USD for the bass, which is still a loss for me, but I have more on order and need to find this one a home.
    Please email me via the board if you're interested, or have questions.
    Thanks,
    Rod

2. Good to see you on the board Rod. Sounds like it could be a good deal, but I'll just wait for my Prima.;)

Cheers,
    Geoff