1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dinosaur metal for kids!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by megadan, May 5, 2010.

1. Thanks Finland!

2. Hi.

They are moderately succesful over here and while I don't care too much about 'em (obviously ;)), I guess it's really hard work.
    Having done quite a few things with kids, teaching and such, they're the most demanding audience.

Quite contrary to general belief, it's extremely hard to be a rock or metal musician in Finland. The Apocalyptica, Nightwish, H.I.M, Children of Bodom, Hybrid Children etc. are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I'm extremely grateful that the Idols contestants (or X-Factor) from Finland are unknown outside the country though, that's some serious bull manure right there as far as original music is concerned.

Go Hevisaurus :D.

Regards
    Sam

3. I wish Barney played metal! That would have made him way cooler.

4. From Finland there is of course the infamous Leningrad Cowboys. That something like this would come out of Finland makes sense to me.

Imagine it somehow getting morphed into a half hour tv show for American kid TV consumption, maybe on a cable network.

5. RestInPieces

RestInPieces

Jun 14, 2009
    I'm so ashamed right now :bag:

6. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    If I think Gwar for kids....:bag:

7. wasnt there one idol contestant that sang in black meta/growling etc and the judges asked him to not do anything to their grave? lol