1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dinosaur the P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass V, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    a global search brings up nothing, maybe the last Dinosaur has been discovered...
    Bass Guitar - Dinosaur
    here's a generic P, everything about it says meh even for a Benny ...except the fine neck wood
    upload_2018-12-4_21-14-5.
    if the makers go to that much effort for a nice stick then maybe there's more to this book beyond it's forlorn cover. anybody got a line on these old Dinos?
    upload_2018-12-4_21-21-49.
    upload_2018-12-4_21-10-25.
    upload_2018-12-4_21-24-3.
    upload_2018-12-4_21-19-23.

Son of Wobble likes this.
  2. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    poopie the birdge Position is off! headstock Looks a bit like a Harley benton!

3. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    Can't tell you anything about the bass, but I have a Dinosaur guitar amp I bought off CL a couple of years ago,
    when I lied to myself again about learning to play lead.
    It’s pretty good quality and has good sound.

Son of Wobble likes this.
  4. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    I'm not sure I would call that "fine neck wood". It is figured, but the grain looks wild with a fair bit of runout. Likely to develop twists and warps and potentially be unstable. When it comes to bass necks pretty does not equal good. It may be an enhancement to an otherwise good neck, but to me this one is pretty but suspect.

Son of Wobble and Bass V like this.
  5. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    and there goes half a lifetime of assumptions! lol

Son of Wobble and cataract like this.
  6. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    They've been falling hard around these parts of late :bored:

Bass V likes this.
  7. Aren’t all P basses dinosaurs? :laugh: Just kidding — P bass on!!!:bassist:

8. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    It’s not off. Look at the saddles. There’s no way those are intonated correctly. The A string saddle is pushed up under the D string saddle. All 4 are kinda out of whack.

9. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    yes, whomever has had custody of this neglected bass in recent times is no bassist.

10. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New York
    The saddles are flipped left to right, that's it. Look at the string spacing and how the strings are alligned with the pickup poles.