Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brock29609, Jul 13, 2005.

1. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    I've seen zero mentions of this bass in this forum. Is the Deluxe the same as the standard, except with a fancy pickguard and star inlays? Or, is there a functional difference? Anyone played one of these?

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada
    (The picture posted is a guitar)

I haven't heard anything about Dipinto either. In fact the only person I've seen play them was Jerry Cantrel in an Alice and Chains video.

I don't know anything about them.

3. I know Jack White of The White Strips plays a DiPinto. Given, his is a guitar. I did read a thread on here about the standard Belvedere. You might try a search for it.

I have really been interested in getting a DiPinto bass, but I play 5ers. I did hear a rumor that they are working on a 5 string model.

4. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Whoops, here's the 4-banger photo. Yea, I've read about the standard, but my question has to do with the diff between the deluxe and standard. If they're different basses, then comments on the standard do me no good.

[​IMG]

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I've written a short review of my Belvedere Standard, which I absolutely love. A quick search should find it, as not much gets written about these amazing instruments. There's no functional difference between it and the Deluxe.

6. the body looks pretty cool, im not digging the headstock too much, but other than that it looks sweet.