Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dipinto Belvedere

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TracyPew, Feb 28, 2005.

1. TracyPew

TracyPew

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm thinking of buying a Dipinto Belvedere standard. They're really hard to find in the UK, and the only one I can find is in another city, so I can't try before I buy.

I'm in a covers band, I need something versatile, that can do trebly punk, to booming rock. Does the Belvedere play as good as it looks? Are they popular in the US?

There's one thread on the forum about this bass, but the guy didn;t keep his for long, so there's not much indication of how they sound and play.

Currently have an epiphone eb3 which would this would hopefully replace.

2. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Hmmm, had one and didn't keep it for long? That would be me ;)

I don't think they are very popular as they seem to be few and far between. I did really like how mine sounded, just didn't agree with the ergonomics (no upper horn, neck a bit wider than I like). You've read the other threads so have seen my opinions on it. I think they are great if the fit you and what you want.

I'll be interested to see if any other folks have experience with them and chime in.