dipinto machIV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmcgiv, Sep 13, 2005.

1. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    i looking into getting one of these i love the look does anyone have one . i live close to philly maybe ill goto their shop to check them out . any help would be helpful . tks matt :help:
  2. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    go to the shop to check them out but do not buy one there..they only discount 10% and you can find a much better deal online.
  3. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    does anyone know where i can get one. i cant seem to find anyone that has them. :bassist:
  4. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    yeah they pretty much tell you to got to their dealers so i did and cant seem to find one that has one. i saw one a ebay and it only had 2 days to go and it only had a bid of 299.99 but i cant seem to find the auction the shop that had it may have sold it or something
  5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I think music123.com has them, but it might be worth paying a little more at DiPinto's shop to get the best sample. I did that with my Belvedere Standard semi-hollow body. (I live only a few miles from the shop, so it's easy for me. :D ) I tried about five, and they all felt about the same, but I selected the one with the hottest output. The pickups didn't seem to be set any differently, but it just kicked out slightly more juice. In fact, it's hotter than just about any passive bass you're likely to find short of a P-bass with Quarter Pounder.

I think the Mach IV has the same pickups, which are large single coils. In the Belvedere they sound amazing, so I suspect the Mach IV would be great too. I tried one unplugged, and as I recall the neck felt quite good. (The Mach IV guitars feel fantastic, and I almost bought one.) If it needs adjustment, DiPinto will do it for free, which is another advantage of buying at his shop. They do nice setups.

I say go for it -- I'd love to see more DiPinto fans on TB!
  6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Truetone Music in Santa Monica California sells them. Dipintos are well reviewed on harmonycentral.com. I think the Belvederes are pimpin and sexy looking in a perloid green sparkly kind of way.