Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

diragram for P BASS wth no tone pot

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by toddtodd, Oct 28, 2005.

1. i am looking for a diagram for a pbass with no tone.
    thanks!

2. seanlava

seanlava

Apr 14, 2005
  3. bass4nds

bass4nds

Sep 23, 2005
    I did this to my p-bass right before a show, to see what it would be like... and... well, to say the least, that was the last show that bass played. I haven't gotten around to putting the tone pot back in there yet.

4. OOPS! if you use your tone pot at all...then this mod is NOT for you...and to do it before a show? now that's ummm ..."brave" (looking for a positive word)

I tend to set up my amp so that I can run my tone pot wide open...and one of my basses (a humbucking fretless) doesn't have a tone pot...I DO use my tone pot, but I try to use it to only "tweak" the sound....

5. bass4nds

bass4nds

Sep 23, 2005
    well, for some reason my tone pot wasn't working... and it actually hadn't been working for a month or two... so I thought "What the heck, the drummer has a soldering set and we got a couple minutes. let me do this" my P-bass isn't hitting the stage anymore anyway.

6. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Banned

Oct 20, 2004
    A P bass with the tone turned all the way down is a classic sound! Not for all around playing, but it comes in handy.