Direct out jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrianKennedy, Jun 25, 2004.

1. BrianKennedy

BrianKennedy

Jun 25, 2004
    10. Direct Out jack - Use this electronically balanced XLR jack to route signal
    from the Model 3500 to a professional mixing console or as a tap to a main PA
    system via a mic input on the console. The signal output from this jack is low
    impedance (600 ohm) with an output level of approximately -30 to -20 dB. You
    can also use the Direct Out jack to route signal to an external amplifier with a
    -10 dB input sensitivity.

when it says i can route a signal to an external amplifier, what kidna amp would it be? and would i need a special chord due to the different jack type?

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Its saying you can run it into a standard power amp. Several manufactures of power amps equip their amps with XLR inputs. Alot of guys run a preamp to a separate poweramp to use as their bass rig. If your poweramp has the XLR input, all you need is an XLR cable.

3. BrianKennedy

BrianKennedy

Jun 25, 2004
    sorry, maybe i just dont understand what you said, by the jack im talking about is on my hartke ha 3500 head, not a pre amp :meh:

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    OK, the direct-out from your Hartke is a preamp signal. Thats why you can use it as a preamp for another basic power amp. The direct-out is the same as pre-amp out on the Hartke 3500 bass head. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

5. I've got the same amp.
    Use the XLR out to go to a power amp.
    Just as everybody else has said.
    I also have a question about this though...
    Can I still have speakers coming from the head of the Hartke AND more speakers coming from the power amp?
    HA3500 head has 2 speaker outs at 8 ohms each, so could I put 2 8ohm cabs from that, then run the line out to a Power amp, then put some speakers to whatever ohmage the poweramp has?
    Damn thats confusing :meh: hope you understand...

6. Yea you can do that.... it's exactly the same as sending the direct out to the PA. But if you want to carry around a Head cabs power amp and speaker assembly your mad!