1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

direct tone suck with Malekko 616 delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ballison, Oct 18, 2010.

1. hi guys, I tried out the malekko 616 today up against a carbon copy, and I loved the 616 in every way...except that there seemed to be quite a bit of high end loss on the direct tone when I enganged the pedal...is this a "feature" of the pedal? keep in mind I was using a passive J bass. thanks!

2. Do you have the 616 Dark?

3. this is the solid red pedal. I wasnt aware they made a dark version. either way the delays arent the problem its the direct signal that I had an issue with

4. Whoops. OK yeah they do not make the 616 in a dark version like the 600 was made.

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Do you notice a difference when you are in true/buffer bypass mode?

6. fatherjohncough

fatherjohncough Inactive

Jul 5, 2010
    New York, NY
    +1

Most analog delays tend to soften treble, keep that in mind as well

7. even on the direct signal? if I turn the mix knob all the way to the left, so all im hearing is the sound of my bass, I get the high end attenuation when the pedal is engaged. it doesnt seem like it should do that. I know that the delays are going to be darker, but the original signal shouldnt be changed

8. fatherjohncough

fatherjohncough Inactive

Jul 5, 2010
    New York, NY
    I'm honestly not familiar with that particular pedal but I would think it shouldn't do that :meh: .
    Every analog delay Ive ever used has still softened the high end to some extent, even with the blend closer to the cleaner side. It sounds like you should just go back to the store and
    ask the staff if they have another one if your still having issues, it's defiantly possible something was wrong with the pedal you tried