Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dirk in Psychopsilocybin

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Dec 26, 2001.

1. I was just wondering what effects Dirk is using in the BEST INCUBUS SONG EVER: Psychopsilocybin. There is definetly some type of subtle envelope filter and a lil distortion at time in there but sometime it sounds like a touch of flanger or chorus... can't put my finger on it... maybe its just the whole song...
    by the way if you dont know this song you should definetly give it a listen. Fungs Amongus is awesome and it will boost your respect for incubus ten fold if you never heard it before.

2. It could be a phasor... I know he uses a SansAmp PSA-1 for all his distortion (I hope to also one day) and MXR phasors. I don't know his new setup though...

3. this was a decent time ago though... it doesnt quite sound like a phaser to me...

4. You'd be amaized with the sounds you can get with a subtle phasor sweep. If it's anything like the stuff he did on the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album it definately has that cherping phasor sweep sound.