Dirk Lance basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff2287, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    I just bought the Morning View Sessions DVD of Incubus and I noticed that every time Dirk Lance was jamming with the band that he always had four basses with him, three on a rack, one being played by him at the time. I could only identify two of them and those were a Tobias Neck-thru w/ jazz pups and a Fender jazz bass. What else does he use 'cuz I know it was more than just those two. Thanx in advance to anyone who responds 'cuz I've been trying to get the answer to this question for a long while now. :)
  2. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    He usually uses a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 in his videos. I've only seen that and the red fender Jazz.

3. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Warwick Steamer Stage IIs:

One Fretted 5 and One Fretless 5 also a Thumb bass I believe.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Grooveguru is right. He has a streamer stage II a fretted and fretless thumb bass. Hey probably does have other basses but thats mainly what he uses..
  5. He has 4 basses:
    2 Fretted Warwick Streamer Stage 2's
    1 Fretless Warwick Streamer Stage 2
    1 1969 (Or some other year.. definatly 60's) Fender Jazz
  6. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    i saw him in concert recently...

in addition to above he used a fretless actoustic/electric. I couldn't make out the brand. Used it on Pardon Me acoustic version.

i dunno if this matters... but thought i'd share
  7. Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    Thanks for all of the responses! I've been trying to get this question answered for a loong time and yous guys here answered it over night! Thanx,. :-D
  8. It was a Tacoma.
  9. anyone know anything else about this Jazz? I love the sound so much I want to get a similar one

much appreciated
  10. Kephah

Oct 1, 2006
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U !
    OMG ...............a six year old thread just got dug up and revived............LOL.

IDK about the Jazz though if it is a 69 and you want to have one like it you better have DEEP pockets bro.
  11. LOL... do a search... HA!

I remember he had also an 8 string warwick somewhere... that and his Infinity...
  12. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

I dont think he really used the Infinity at all.