Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dirk Lance basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff2287, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Jeff2287

Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    I just bought the Morning View Sessions DVD of Incubus and I noticed that every time Dirk Lance was jamming with the band that he always had four basses with him, three on a rack, one being played by him at the time. I could only identify two of them and those were a Tobias Neck-thru w/ jazz pups and a Fender jazz bass. What else does he use 'cuz I know it was more than just those two. Thanx in advance to anyone who responds 'cuz I've been trying to get the answer to this question for a long while now. :)

2. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    He usually uses a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 in his videos. I've only seen that and the red fender Jazz.

-peace

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Warwick Steamer Stage IIs:

One Fretted 5 and One Fretless 5 also a Thumb bass I believe.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Grooveguru is right. He has a streamer stage II a fretted and fretless thumb bass. Hey probably does have other basses but thats mainly what he uses..

5. He has 4 basses:
    2 Fretted Warwick Streamer Stage 2's
    1 Fretless Warwick Streamer Stage 2
    1 1969 (Or some other year.. definatly 60's) Fender Jazz

6. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    i saw him in concert recently...

in addition to above he used a fretless actoustic/electric. I couldn't make out the brand. Used it on Pardon Me acoustic version.

i dunno if this matters... but thought i'd share

7. Jeff2287

Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    Thanks for all of the responses! I've been trying to get this question answered for a loong time and yous guys here answered it over night! Thanx,. :-D

8. It was a Tacoma.

9. anyone know anything else about this Jazz? I love the sound so much I want to get a similar one

much appreciated

10. Kephah

Kephah

Oct 1, 2006
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U !
    OMG ...............a six year old thread just got dug up and revived............LOL.

IDK about the Jazz though if it is a 69 and you want to have one like it you better have DEEP pockets bro.

11. LOL... do a search... HA!

I remember he had also an 8 string warwick somewhere... that and his Infinity...

12. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

I dont think he really used the Infinity at all.