Dirk Lance

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by modernday, Apr 3, 2003.

1. modernday

Oct 20, 2002
    St. Paul
    Ughhhh!!!! no way!!!

I've just been informd that Dirk Lance has been kicked out of incubus. I am sooooooo mad right now. He is up there with one of my favorite bassists. He's the reason I got interested in incubus.

I mean they were all childhood friends!! What would he of had to do to get kicked out of his own band!

Any other information or response is appreciated.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Maybe he'll join a band that aren't major sell outs.
  3. modernday where did u find this out??? Is it from a reliable source??? Man Dirk made that band, he was why i liked them so much.
  4. Michael Yetton

Michael Yetton

Dec 11, 2000
    Essex, UK
    if they kicked him out, it shows he is better!
    i think he was the soul of that band!
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    To late to be an april fools...... Weird. Well. Bye bye incubus.
  6. There is a note on their website confirming this (www.enjoyincubus.com). His playing was the only thing I liked about that band.
  7. hum....

Thats seemed incredible to me.. but I read it already.. How weird.. and sad..

They say the bass player for The Roots will be joining Incubus..
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    that ****ing sucks, this is as idiotic as kicking Stu Zender from Jamiroquai
  9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yeah, but neither of those dudes can hold a candle to Derek Smalls . . . ;)
  10. :eek:

Oh no! I loved Incubus, Now I will never listen to any of there new stuff again. I hope Dirk can join a band that appreciates him more.
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm out. I wonder what the real story is. :confused:
  12. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    hey woodchuck wait 10 years for the E tru holliwood story

or 3 years for the Vh1...o dont remember the name of that program

and then wait 15 years for ...where are they now and he will the manager of some macdonalds or somethign
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    here's the message Brandon left on their forums:

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    So sad:bawl:
    I just hope he will join a good band..
  15. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Melted chocolate? Who does this cat think he is Ricky Martin. Bleeech! I really liked Incubus back a few albums ago(Science I think) but even after I lost respect for them as a band I still had respect for Dirk as a bassist. I'll miss his sound on the radio.
  16. To be fair, if Hub from the Roots joins them, they'll be gaining an excellent player to replace Mr. Katunich.
  17. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Replacing Dirk/Alex with Hub should yield some interesting results. I would be very interested in hearing this new lineup.
  18. Are the Roots taking a hiatus or something? Because ?uestlove's involved with a side project w/ Christian McBride. I wouldn't want Hub to leave them, he's perfect for them.

Hub is more than capable of taking Alex/Lance's place, and it would be interesting to see, but I think Hub belongs in the Roots, and Lance belongs in Incubus...I don't know. This does not bode well, I think.
  19. wow. shocked. :eek: :eek:

Can I audition? :D I love Incubus.

Still can't believe it.

Brandon...call me!! :)