1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dirnt p-bass pup replacement????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ripper75, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Anyone have opinions on good replacement pups for a Dirnt p-bass? I dont know much about pups in general, but I am wondering how to get a louder tone. I compared a real P-bass to the Dirnt and it was louder and really just sounded better, not to mention better craftmanship and feel. Of course I also like the sacred tone and feel of the Rickenbacker as well. But anyway, I dont have allot of money and need a good sounding bass. I think I will get the Dirnt and replace pups. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. telebodyds2.

if you wanna go WAY out there, I suggest one of Hammond's finest....

but if you have a tight budget, you can't go wrong with SD or DiMarzio.

3. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    If you like everything about normal P basses better, why don't you just get one?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A Dirnt uses the same electronics setup as any other P-bass, and the pickup of a Custom Shop '59 Precision, which isn't quite the brightest, loudest thing out there. If you want to liven it up, try something like a Dimarzio Model P (personal go-to pickup) or something else a bit hotter.

Try raising the pickup first. Proximity to the strings will help as well.

5. Bass002.

+1

Trust me,the DiMarzio enthralls good tone without sounding like a squealing pig.Get a Model P :D :D

And yes, that is oil paint on my P-Bass.....Don't ask..

6. I cant find any info on hammond pickups, that looks like it sounds good. thanks for the input on Dimarzio too.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    www.basspickup.com

8. i dropped a SD quarter pounder in the one i owned... SUPER high gain and awesome rock tone