1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dirt Farmer Levon Helm

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by MR PC, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MR PC

MR PC Banned

Dec 1, 2007
    Some love for Levon Helm who turns 70 this year. This album "Dirt Farmer" has the bass deep down and low where it was intended at birth. Byron Issacs is the lucky one playing the parts. And quite well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levon_Helm

2. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    When I first heard this record, I wasn't that into it. Then I listened to it more and more. There are some great tracks on there. I'm a big Levon Helm (The Band) fan so this recording has been a lot of fun to listen to.

3. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Yeah I'm way to young to have had the privilege of seeing The Band but I'm a huge Levon fan. He's making an appearance in Kansas City this summer so I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity to check out one of my all-time favorites. Rock on dirt farmer!

:cool:

4. Pat Harris

Pat Harris Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I love "Dirt Farmer," but Levon's "Electric Dirt" tops it, IMO.

5. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    I just started to listen to this. I found it to be really compelling. If Electric Dirt really is better, I have a treat to look forward to!