1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dirty Loops first original video!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkee1, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
  2. sub'd so I can check it when I get home!

3. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    I'm both insanely excited and a bit apprehensive about what I'm about to see

4. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Oh snap, I'm cheesing.

5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    These guys are all INCREDIBLE musicians. When I first heard of Dirty Loops, I thought their covers were genius. But now this is not a cover, and sounds almost the exact same. Still good, but I wouldn't buy a whole album of it. Sounds a little too "jumpy" for my tastes. I'd like to see what they could do if they slowed down a little and got into some extended grooves.

6. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    I dig it! It's like a boy band fused with a prog rock/ funk fusion band!

7. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    It's Sweden, man. They sure grow musicians good over there, I'll tell you what.

8. madrob

madrob

Aug 22, 2006
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    God, that's awfull!

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Good lawd! Progressive Fusion Pop! Now that's a new genre! Those cats are insane. The problem is......how are they going to market themselves?!?! This is definitely not your standard pop stuff the teeny boppers are gonna flock to!

10. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Haha DWB great sig.

11. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...wow, did really float my boat, either (or I had higher expectations given the level of musicianship?).

12. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    Brilliant musicians do not always make brilliant songwriters, and vice versa!

13. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    There is other people on that stupid planet that would like something different than the over processed crap sold as "music"

14. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Not something I could listen to more than once. Great players but besides that, nothing that grabs me as a listener.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I like what they do just fine, it's not my thing, they are monster players but I'll be honest that they're not breaking ANY new ground here stylistically...I guess it'd be summed up as being run through the "Dirty Loops Filter".

Not trying to be a "me too" or bash them at all. But I agree with the "too jumpy" comment.

16. Listened to it three times in a row, I could listen to that kind of thing all day. So much talent.

lowsound

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oh I agree! Teenagers make up the majority of the music buying public is all I'm saying! How are they going to be marketed? MTV/VH-1 ain't gonna play it! Top40 radio ain't gonna play it! You and I and most musicians can appreciate them. I'm gonna buy the cd.

I hope you didn't think I didn't like it! I like it a lot!

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

19. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yep. I made it through about a minute, and I really wanted to like it.

20. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    You can market yourself in different genre than pop music ... those guys are pretty much jazz musician. You can exist outside of MTV you know ... a sh** load of music never air on those channel and they have an incredible following that buy show tickets and CD and whatever what ... just look the metal scene : nothing on radio or tv but they have an incredible following all over the world and an unbelievable music festival in Germany.