Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dis-repair.

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Rimas, Jan 27, 2006.

1. So I've been having trouble getting a good tone lately and I was planning on bringing my bow in for a rehair.

On Wednesday I noticed that the camber looked a little bit off, so I was going to have them look at that too.

Yesterday I noticed a CRACK on the stick near the tip!

So I brought it in.

Turns out the camber is fine.

However, the crack is pretty severe.. they said it had been wacked at some odd angle, and that they could not gaurantee a reliable repair. They're either going to glue it or wrap it.

And theres a crack in the headplate on the block too, which is how they sold it to me a year and a half ago. Apparently this is not a good thing either, and they normally wouldnt sell a bow with a cracked head plate to anyone, nor rehair a bow with a cracked headplate. However, Im 100% sure that they sold it to me with that crack, so they're going to carve a new headplate, and cut me a deal.

AHHHHHH!!!! (thats me screaming).

Also, has anyone else had the varnish on the tip of their bow rubbed severely by their quiver? I'm thinking I need to line my quiver with something soft now. Didnt know how bad it was actually rubbing off the varnish.

AHHHH!

So I bought a bow case, and borrowed a Marseille carbon fibre bow. Ill let you guys know how I like it.

The shop said they didnt really like the Coda bow, and that Gage's was a little bit too heavy. So they might be developing their own carbon fibre bow sometime soon!! Insider Info!

Take real good care of you'r bows kiddies!

:crying: