disapearing g string

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by flames, Apr 2, 2002.

1. flames

flames Guest

Jun 30, 2001
    my house
    for soom reason when i use my zoom506II and i hit my g it disapears (the sound) i have to bear down to get any sound.(it does this on all settings) it goes from a full A string to a weaker D then no sound out of the G. And also when i use just my amp it kind fads out quickly
    is this the pickups or the pedal or string?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

flames - I've yet to find a G string that I was happy with......(excluding strippers, that is).

Nonetheless, have you tried raising your pickups closer to the D and G strings for more output???

Plus, if your amp head has the controls to do so, try boosting your mid-frequencies more.

Try it without the Zoom. The unit could be doing something nasty with your D and G . Zooms are pretty much regarded as junk by experienced bassists.

Lastly, make sure you are using premium strings on your bass.
  3. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Ive had the same trouble with my zoom. Its not even good enouph to be a paper wait.
  4. zoom.. :(

try replacing the batt's on your bass ( i.a. ) and your zoom ( i.a. ).. if still doesn't help.. ditch the zoom :)
  5. my G string never picks up half as good as my other strings on my moogerfooger and i really dont know why. Not matter what I eq it too or what bass i use the G never has that Whhhaaaaap that the others have when i lay down a hard slap. Probably just the wimpyness of that little thin bastard.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My wifes G -string.....oops, wrong board, sorry. :D Check the pick up adjustments (height) on your bass as well.