Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

disappointed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superfreak, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I come home, and logged onto TB, as I normally do. I instantly go to see the Hi thread, which I find is closed due to childish behavior, then another thread about "what is Talkbass Really?". Now, I for one welcome our newbies to our site and let them know that this is family oriented and everyone, and I meant, everyone here is friendly is always willing to lend a helping hand.

What the heck happened here? I do not play bass, my intent when I first started coming to this site was to find out more about the bass due to a friends love of it. In turn, b/c of this site and his playing, I fell in love with it. I find myself, like the rest of you, listening to bass lines, and trying to guess what type of bass is being played. I watch videos, in hopes of catching a bass, and again, try to guess the model. Now...for someone who is NOT talented to play the bass, but truely loves it? I believe I and other members who do not play deserve to be on this site.

Now, I would like to state that normally, members and supporting members do not argue like this.

I would like to make the apology, for the actions that went on in the other thread, even though I was not part of it, but, b/c I am part of this family, I feel the need to make this apology.

This thread is and was not inteded to berate anyone. So mods, if there are posts that are nasty, please feel free to close it. I made my statement, and am now off my soapbox.

Thank you all for taking the opportunity to read this with an open mind.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont know what thread you are talking about, but I know you are right.

You are one of the friendliest and most reasonable TBers on the site. Im glad you brought this up, its good to know people care.

Sometimes we get out of line, and mistake peoples motives. Just the other day I tried to help someone and they snapped at me claiming I was trying to belittle them for doing what they asked for. It was really frustrating knowing that my effort was scoffed instead of appreciated, but I wont let that stop me from helping again.

Lets all just try to ignore the irritating things and keep a smile on out face and be helpful.

Peace
    Nick

3. i'm down with that :)
    you guys are both dang cool and a coupla stand-up type o' dudes (or dudette;) )

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It would sure be nice. I would like to remind everyone, that if a post really offends you, instead of fighting, you could report it to a moderator.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes, do that. And also remember, if you don't like something that someone else does, instead of belittleing their point of view and opinion to promote yours, just move on to the next thread :)

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    You all had excellent points, and I am glad that I am not the only one who feels this way....If you don't like it, and you feel that are offended, then yes, report to the moderator, that is their job, and they all do it well. The last thing that they want is a fellow member being put down...

Thank you all:D

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I, for one, am glad it was closed.

8. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    So was I, it got totally out of hand...:rolleyes: Oh well, we all make mistakes, I for one have...several huge ones in my life, so, we chalk it up to being less than perfect, move on, and learn from it...:D

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Its posts/threads like that really take away from TB. Being here for a few years Ive seen to many bad threads like that. Fortunately it doesnt happen very often.

Superfreak- I will be closing this thread not because anyone has said anything bad or broke rules. Its just to make sure it doesnt start up again.

Polly wasnt saying that, it was a thread gone bad and he is glad it was closed.

Again you're a sweetheart, and I like your presence
    here.

People- remember you cant read to much in a persons post. You cant hear the tone of voice, or expression on their face. Dont jump to conclusions and most of all be polite. A lot of the problems could have been avoided if people did'nt jump to the conclusions they did. Dont take things personal because often times they were not aimed at you.

10. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    You're the boss, do what you think is necessary. I was going to delete it, but go ahead and close it.

Thank you for your positive remarks on my presense, and I would like to take the opportunity to apologze, but commend, the work you were put through;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.