1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Disappointing weekend!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, May 15, 2011.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I bought a big ol' bug zapper and it's super cool and windy out. No freakin' bugs! Not a single "pop."

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Heh, I can remember a few summers ago when my Uncle Joe up in North Dakota turned his bug zapper on. Blew the breakers twice from all the mosquitoes.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    It sounds like a fun hobby, maybe I'll install one.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Have faith. You're in Alabama, and summer's on the way.

[​IMG]

5. I must admit, though it's childish, when I bought a bug zapper a few summers ago, I set it up and spent twenty minutes eagerly waiting for something to fly into it. When the bugs finally began to fly into it, I became giddy as a schoolgirl. There is nothing more satisfying than hearing a bug zapper work it's magic. :D

6. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    you know they have mosquito lasers now...they can hone in on the specific frequency that a mosquito's wing movement makes and fires a tiny laser to vaporize them. Apparently you set these up in the woods and in an hour you have a mosquito-free zone. Probably costs a small fortune...

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I have one of those electric fly swatters, looks like a tennis racket. Bug comes in contact with the metel mesh and frys the bug. When I first got I was killing everything, it was fun.
    Battery operated so you can go hunt bugs down in the backyard.